My Etsy Shop

October 25, 2009

Halloween Fun And More!




We had some friends over for Halloween and did A LOT of trick
or treating. Kai got a full bucket and Amara and Brielle got a lot
too. I've been into Brielle's bucket way too much. I discovered
last night that Almond Joys are delicious and I ate all of the kids.
I found this recipe on another blog. It looks good, I might have
to try it. Knowing me it would just be more convenient to grab
one at the store, but maybe it would be a good Christmas goodie.



Almost Almond Joy Bars

5 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) -
real butter (softened)
1 tsp vanilla Extract
2 cups powdered Sugar
1 - 14 oz bag sweetened flaked Coconut
24 oz milk chocolate almond bark or milk chocolate chips
1 cup whole dry roasted almonds.
Blend the sweetened condensed milk, butter and vanilla extract. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, stirring until smooth. Stir in the coconut, the mixture should be firm. Pat firmly into a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. Chill in the fridge until firm. (we put ours in the freezer). While the mixture chills go ahead and dry roast the almonds. We had a bunch of almonds but they need to be roasted.

Roasted Almonds - Spread in an un greased baking pan. Place in 350ºF oven and bake 10 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant; stir once or twice to ensure even browning. Note that almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven.

In a double boiler over hot, not boiling water, melt the chocolate chips or milk chocolate almond bark, stirring often. This can also be done in the microwave. (use the defrostsetting on the microwave and melt the chocolate in 3 minute intervals.) Remove coconut mixture from the refrigerator/freezer and cut into 1 x 2 inch bars. Put 2 whole almonds on top of each bar. Use a fork to dip each bar into the melted chocolate mixture. Tap fork gently against the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Lay bars on waxed paper after dipping until firm. You
can also place them into the refrigerator as well.



Brielle - 17 months








Brielle likes to rock her babies, kiss, cuddle and feed them. I always have to laugh to myself when she gets mad and throws the doll to the ground.
She reminds of me Kai . She is active, loves to climb and be outside. Her new thing is getting the step stool and going around to all the light switches and turning them off and on. She is a little sweetie and already 17 months!






























Kai 6 years old and in Kindergarden


Kai started Kindergarden and goes eagerly each day. It has been great for him and the whole family. Being old for his grade he was ready. He loves to socialize and have a place to go each day. He has always been great with numbers and has become really interested in letters and sounds lately. I helped out in his class last week for a harvest party, another mom and I did a pumpkin bowling game for them. It was fun to meet all his classmates.
He also played soccer this fall. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to rainy days at bender, but we only had a couple bad days. Kai really enjoyed being goallie and got really excited when he made goals.


First day of school, kind of an excited nervous smile. I do those too. ; )


Kai's Bday party (I am happy he let Amara in the photo!)



Sassy & Sweet!!








Amara started preschool and gymnastics. I will post some gymnastics pictures soon.She is always so excited to go to both. She loves to color, paint, play zingo, dress-up and be goofy. These cowboy boots she got from Grandma and Grandpa for her birthday. She is loving them. I think she especially likes the heel on them and the comments she gets on them. She is really into telling stories and as she talks she kinda smacks her lips and uses a lot of expression.
























Amara's First Day of Preschool



4 comments:

Natasha said...

I love all these pictures Lesha! That Brielle is changing so much! What a little blondie. I can't wait to see your kids at Thanksgiving. I also may need to try those Almond Joy bars!

michele said...

Oh my lands these pictures are great!!! So fun! I like Almond Joys too... might have to try the recipe!

Jamie said...

What great pictures Lesha! I especially love Brielle's legwarmers, Kai's first day of school shot, and Amara and her red boots (that will be a great shot for her Senior yearbook page :) We need to get together soon; I miss you guys!

Grandma Caroline said...

I haven't been here for a while, and took a while to catch up! The kids are getting so darn cute and I love Kai's school pictures, he and Caleb are two peas in a pod! I love the photo of Amara in her boots, how cute and what a personality!

Blog Archive